Hydraulic fracturing of horizontal and vertical oil and natural gas wells is our core business. Approximately 85 percent of Calfrac’s field activities and revenues are associated with fracturing. We provide oil-based, gelled hydrocarbon, slick water, emulsified (carbon dioxide/water) and straight carbon dioxide-based fracturing treatments. We match the right treatment with the particular reservoir’s characteristics and the customer’s objectives.
Calfrac brings a line-up of advantages to hydraulic fracturing, including:
- Well-trained and motivated personnel in all areas;
- State-of-the-art, modern, well-maintained equipment in a continually expanding fleet that is budgeted to exceed 800,000 hydraulic horsepower in 2012;
- Sophisticated and continually improving chemistries and fracturing services;
- Complete control over our supply chain, including all the key commodities used in fracturing, combined with logistics expertise and a sophisticated network of relationships; and
- A network of operating locations strategically situated in active play areas to provide the infrastructure required to deliver our services safely and efficiently.
In providing all types of fracturing services throughout North America and worldwide, we cover:
- Multi-stage fractured horizontal wells;
- Well depths ranging from shallow through deep (well in excess of 10,000 feet or 3,000 metres true vertical depth, with horizontal wells sometimes reaching 4,500 metres total measured depth;
- New wells and existing wells; and
- Exploratory and development wells.
Thanks to our experience, expertise and track record, Calfrac has been named lead completions contractor on some of the most challenging natural gas wells in North America. We perform thousands of fracture treatments per year across western Canada, the United States, Russia and Mexico.